"Know Your Real Edge and Don't Fake It"
- David Deida author of the Book The Way of the Superior man

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Immersion in the Experience and Moment

I hear people say "Life is Full of Moments."

and I agree.

I use to live in my mind and not be in the moment, experiencing it.

My thoughts would dwell somewhere else on what I have to do, a written exam, a test, a job, etc.

For example, it could be something so simple as a night where it's raining. I'll use raining cause it's actually more interesting than sun, because where I live it's always sunny, except lately.

So....

It's raining, you're standing outside, underneath the roof so you're not getting to wet. What's going on here? Are you in you're mind thinking about something like a test, or a task that you have to do? Do you think about the laundry you have to do, the book report you have to do, what time you have to get up in the morning.

or...

Do you immerse yourself in the environment. Is the sound of the rain pleasing to your ears? It's a dark night, so when you look across to your neighbors house and you see their front light, you notice how illuminating it is, how since it so dark outside your eyes naturally open up a little bit more when you see a light. Ever breathe the air, how crisp it is at night, and since it's raining, it's a little cold as well. There's also the different sound that rain makes when it falls on the road then when it falls on the lawn. When it falls on the road it's more loud than on the lawn.

They say "Life is Full of Moments"

and it is.

They're great to experience, especially when you experience them by being in it, not disrupting thoughts of whatsoever... you're immersed in the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too true. I also think that there are some moments that kind of snap you out of your own head without you consciously doing so. For me, for example, it was watching horses when I worked at the farm - whenever I saw one of the horses galloping through the pasture at full speed or trotting one alongside another, I couldn't help but stop and watch them - horses, I think, are some of the most beautiful creatures. Needless to say it was hard to concentrate on work - there were horses everywhere xD